Tec 45 Course
The Tec 45 course picks up where Tec 40 leaves off and takes your training as a tech diver further and deeper. It is the second subcourse in the full PADI Tec Diver course
You must be:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Tec 40 (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least:
- 12 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
- 6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Participants must be at least 18 years old
- Before participants take part they must fill out Galaxsea's Application and Medical Forms
What You Learn
- The skills and equipment and planning need to dive to a maximum of 45 metres/145 feet
- The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops.
- There would be no time limit to amount of decompression
- Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies
- Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving
- The Scuba Gear You Use
- You use basic tech diving equipment
The Scuba Gear You'll Use
You’ll start with your basic scuba diving equipment and add technical equipment, which essentially means you’ll begin to double up on gear. You may dive with back mounted or side mounted cylinders.
The Fun Part
Progressing your dive skills following the Tec 40 course, as well as learning more about the function and maintenance of tech diving equipment.
The Learning Materials You Need
You'll use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak, which introduces you to
- tec diving lingo
- emergency procedures
- decompression and stage cylinder handling
- gas planning
The pack includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tech diving adventures. You'll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through the Tec 50 course.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have!